Applications are now closed
Ready to grow your explorer mindset and step out of your comfort zone in 2023?
Join Antarctic Heritage Trust’s next expedition as an Inspiring Explorer™ and embrace the spirit of exploration!
We will be heading to South Georgia to honour the centenary of Shackleton’s final expedition, the Quest (1921–1922) which marked the end of the heroic-era of Antarctica exploration. Inspiring Explorers™ will have the opportunity to experience the wonders of South Georgia Island aboard Antarctica21’s modern ship the Magellan Explorer during this unique journey.
“It is in our nature to explore, to reach to the unknown” – Sir Ernest Shackleton
Challenge yourself, foster your curiosity, push into the unknown and discover new possibilities.
We are looking for applicants with a wide-range of life experiences and creative ideas for outreach to share their stories following this remarkable journey. See what our previous Inspiring Explorers™ have created from other expeditions.
A wandering albatross couple, South Georgia Island. ©iStock.com
Old rural church in the snow at Grytviken, South Georgia ©iStock.com
Please check the Eligibility Criteria to ensure you qualify for the Inspiring Explorers Expedition™ South Georgia before applying.
There a few stages to the application process in which applicants will be vetted and some will not be able to carry on.
The application process is outlined below:
- Register/create an account
- Part 1: Complete the online application form – written questions, contact information, referee details and declaration
- Part 2: Record and submit five video responses to interview questions (a link will be emailed to you to complete the video responses)
- Part 3: Live video interview with Antarctic Heritage Trust team
- Part 4: Antarctic Heritage Trust will advise successful applicants
Please contact us if you have any questions about the application process.
- Applications open – Wednesday 15 February 2023
- Applications closed – midnight Sunday 19 March 2023 (NZDT)
Before you apply
You will need:
- To ensure you meet the Eligibility Criteria
- Your profile photo (headshot)
- Video and audio-enabled computer or smart phone
Take your time with this application, you’re able to save your work and return at a later time.
Applications closed at midnight Sunday 19 March 2023 (NZDT).
A small group of king penguins in St Andrew’s Bay, South Georgia Island ©iStock.com